Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sadness

It was Thursday when I remarked to Jaysen about the apparent lack of goals in the games last night and now my fears have been confirmed.

From sportsnet.ca...

Entering Thursday, there were 164 fewer goals scored than the same point two seasons ago (1,656-1,492) and 66 fewer than last season (1,558-1,492).
They are blaming defensive minded coaches adapting to the rule changes that opened up the game after the lockout. Here's my question? where the hell are the offensive minded coaches? Why do you never hear about them and why aren't anti-trapping systems talked about as much as extreme defensive systems like those used by Minnesota and others.

I ponder this as I watch a 0-0 Leafs/Sens game. I mean common! It should be 7-0 Sens by now. Shit, Tucker just scored. What a douche. Puck probably slid into the net under his body after he dived once again.

No comments: