Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sixaxis gets drunk

I'm not sure who it was, but on New Year's Eve, one of the perps at my place tried to get my Sixaxis controller drunk by dousing it in alcohol. Not only was this irresponsible, but it was negligent and criminal. People need to take responsibility for their actions and behave more maturely.... And if I wasn't drunk past the point of remembering what happened that night, someone might be in serious shit.

The result of alcohol and sixaxis is headaches. First I thought it was going to just be a 60$ headache, until I realized that I have way too much education not to pry open the controller and clean it up. The result:



It's funny, because no matter how much you tell yourself to pay attention to the parts and pieces you are prying apart, there's always components that come from nowhere. Google was amazingly un-informative with putting the controller back together piece by piece. I had to scrounge together info from various sources to find out where everything went.

Anyway, The picture below show the amount of sappy goodness present on the edges of the button that caused severe stickiness.



And as for the perp... watch your back.

3 comments:

joker said...

This is cool... I like your blog. I think you have interesting contents. I have bookmarked your blog. Keep it up!

Do drop by and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com

B-rad "Epically Phenomenal" said...

I too have bookmaked your blog good sir. Your first mistake was not making sure that the PS3 and it's peripherals were Mormon...

Also, how do you know the sticky stuff was alcohol?

alex_ygd said...

good point..... COULMAN!