Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Classy Chris Pronger

Did you know...

Pronger has been suspended 7 times in his career prior to this incident? Yet, his last two, dirty hits in last year's playoffs, were only suspensions of one game each.

Isn't there supposed to be a precedent being set by the league, specifically repeat offenders paying harsher penalties. I acknowledge Pronger may have never used his stick as a baseball bat in the past (don't count it out in the future though), but look at Christ Simon's 30 games for a leg stomp vs. Pronger's 8. Eight! Ocho! They even almost didn't suspend him at all! He won't miss any playoff games; it's like it has been planned that way. He gets back for the Ducks' last regular season game.

It makes me sick. And clearly it makes Simon sick too. He is absolutely right in saying:

"If you look at the (video) tape and look at his history, you can't say we're different, other than he's a star player and I'm not... I have nothing against the other players, I just want to be treated fairly, and in this case I don't think I have been."

This kind of reminds me of Briere getting hit from behind by Ovechkin last year. That made me sick too.

So now that Pronger has 8 (Eight!) previous suspensions in the NHL, does anyone know if there is a current player with more? Simon has 8 as well, but I can't imagine anyone else with more. Google couldn't help me on this one.

TSN's website put up a pole, and guess what? 84% of respondents think it should have been more.

And rather than accuse the league of being afraid of the wrath of Brian Burke, I'm going to do the respectable thing and just accuse Brian Burke of being a lump of turd, steaming away as he normally does.

Fuck the Ducks.

No comments: