Saturday, October 17, 2009

Southern Exposure

Having attended Collective Soul this evening, live, for the first time, I can easily say, despite what Americans might think, they are a national treasure. CS are the equivalent of The Tragically Hip South. They represent rock south siiiiiide and I can see why they have such a strong northern following given THPs adoration here. If I were asked to describe American rock, I would say Collective Soul. And Yes, Foo and PJ and RHCP would take a back seat. Love it.

Gareth Barry. Not a big fan. He may have some foresight into balls played forward. But as a distributor and defender, not so sure. I may be biased, but give me a Hargraeves any day. As hard as that is to say.

And on that hard to say topic, Peter Crouch is a threat. For Spurs and otherwise. I like him in a weak opposition type role. He is dangerous in desperation. Birmingham have seen that this year. And Belarus are discovering presently in my time. Nobody is stronger in the air going forward.

England fans remind me of Rider fans.

Dustin Penner is a new man and Mike Comrie is a man renewed. Pleasant to see the Oilers getting some economy for a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you believe a girl is reading about fantasy football. lol


my mandie reed

B-rad "Epically Phenomenal" said...

Sir. Sir? Sir. I in no way agree with your views. I don't need to see CS to know they can't make PJ take a back seat. You sir, are mad with blogging power.

Crouch looks like a skeleton, but I will agree that he has good head powers.

Hemskey better pick things up...or I will bomb him.