Friday, October 08, 2010

McKenzie's Cajones

From tsn.ca's Bob McKenzie...

So I don't try to make myself any better or worse than the many hockey fans, especially in Edmonton, who took great pleasure in seeing MacIntyre first bloody, then brain damage Ivanans. But the one distinction I will make is this: In the UFC, the point of the fight is the fight. That is the essence of it. It's the whole gladiator thing, which is probably as old as humanity.

I don't think you can say the same thing about MacIntyre-Ivanans, can you? Really?

I mean, the point of hockey is to use speed, skill, hitting and yes, in some instances, fighting to score more goals than the other team.
I admire Bob's cajones for being someone in hockey critical of such behaviour. Especially with the likes of Cherry, Milbury, and others who would be ready to jump all over you for it.

No comments: