Thursday, November 23, 2006

Black Thursday



I have heard that some call tomorrow Black Friday, as the American holiday of the Friday following Thanksgiving. I haven't googled to find out if that is true or not, mostly because I want to continue believing that it is because you shit black from all the turkey you eat the day before.

What I am referring to, however, is the fact that I am now last place in my prestigious hockey pool (http://www.thehockeypool.com/cgiNew/DailyStatsPage.cgi?Pool=hello). Even more disastrous is that I now find myself overtaken by Dank of all people! Not to mention being beaten by Faggot Nuts Jon, Mr. Reliable Brad, and Mitch-elle. I think I'm going to be sick. This, compounded by the fact that I am losing to Dank in the fantasy pool and that Curtis beat me out of the hockey picks on Saturday in Calgary means that.... SPEW! I just blew chunks onto the monitor.

What is going on here? I went 2-11 in my last Saturday hockey sports select picks and I think I have only beaten Heather 2 out of 6 weeks in our weekly pick-the-winners hockey contest.

I follow hockey religiously and this is what I get? What kind of backwards-assed logic is that? I must just have the worst luck ever! EVER! That is totally my excuse.

Don't worry, my luck will turn around. I feel it. I will win the chance to shoot for a million on my birthday in Vancouver (http://www.gm.canadiannetstakes.com/). And I will win.

Because really.... its all I have left.

No comments: