Tuesday, November 07, 2006

OW! My Ass!



It's true. My ass hurts. I went for physiotherapy yesterday and had an acupuncture technique called "dry needling" applied up the outside of my left leg. It was being done to cause a band of tissue called the IT band to stop being so tight and buggering up my kneecap. It's very complicated, that's why nobody can fix me, not even Heather.

So, long story short, my physiotherapist takes this needle plunger thing that start jabbing the needle in the same spot at different angles really quickly, over and over. He explained to me that it was supposed to be a painful process, but well worthwhile, and since I'm not a pussy, I agreed. Well, to give you an idea of what it feels like, it's pretty much like someone coming up to you with a needle and jamming it into you in the same spot at different angles really quickly, over and over. To top it off, I was busting/bending up the needles because my leg was so tight and the muscle was grabbing on to the needle on the way out. Ooh, you could feel those ones. Very nice! I like!

The moral of the story, the top of this muscle band attaches up near the hip so he was needling my ass something fierce. And although I think my knee feels a bit better today, my ass is throbbing and its all I can think about. So while your sitting there reading this, eating your lunch or snack or whatever it may be, please think about my ass and the pounding pain I am in. Thank you.

No comments: