Monday, February 12, 2007

Donut try this at home



I would like to share a special event that occurred on Friday that I myself shared with another man in my life. I believe I can say that this was not only the first time I shared in such an event with another man, but also, the first time I've indulged in it alone.

You see, at work, one of the video lab dudes, Alex ironically, had bought donuts and invited some of us to share from the trough. I decided the garbage was better. For you see, when "late" Kevin and I went to ask some video lab questions late in the day, all the donuts were gone, save one. A plain donut, deemed unworthy to exist in the light of day and banished in its Tim Hortons coffin to the rubbish abyss for all of eternity. That is, until we rescues it.

Yes, Kevin and I dipped into the unholy waters and satiated our temptations for lustful plain donutry, splitting it nearly right down the middle, and guiltily consuming our trash can delight. Now Costanza only had a wrapper for separation and he acted alone. At least I can say that I had a full donut enclosure and a peer for encouragement, which can only make me less subhuman than George was on that fateful day.

Sure the donut was plain and sure it was in the garbage, but damn it, if that wasn't the best damn donut I've ever tasted then I don't know what ever was.

No comments: