Thursday, April 05, 2007

Chelios



I'll respect the fact that he is a senior citizen playing in the NHL. Other than that, he can go and take slap shots in the nuts from his boy toy Holmstrom.

From Sportsnet...

(CP) - At 45, Chris Chelios is the old man of the NHL, but don't look for the Detroit Red Wings defenceman to match Gordie Howe's record of skating in a playoff series at 52.

"I was with Gordie Howe two weeks ago and I promised him I'd quit at 51," Chelios said Wednesday on a conference call. "I don't want that. He's Mr. Hockey."

Still, the 23-year NHL veteran will set one longevity record next week when he appears in the NHL playoffs for a 22nd year, passing former Boston Bruins' great Ray Bourque's mark of 21 years. Howe played in 20 playoff years, the last in 1980 with Hartford.

No comments: