Friday, June 22, 2007

Breath... Calm....

I was so upset and angry last night over the end of the Canada-US Gold Cup Semifinal that I paced around the house for a while then started vacuuming, cleaning my bedroom, and the cleaning the bathroom. Now you know someone is upset when they start cleaning the bathroom.

Gist of the story is this: Canada tied the game a the death on a LEGAL goal which was called back on a terrible offside call. The US defender put the ball back toward his goal line after a Canadian player chipped it in, at which point everyone was onside.

So there you have it, it is the first time I've ever seen a defending team put the offense offside. Well done side official. I hope you have your license revoked. The balance of that game was shifting heavily in favour of the Canadians only to have it snuffed out.

BULLSHIT!
(see around 6:30 mark)


On the bright side, I thought Iain Hume should have been playing the entire tournament, and here's why:

No comments: