Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ryan?

I can't count how many times I've been called Ryan. It's the only name that I get mistakenly called. Obviously it occurs most often by others who are not that familiar with me, sometimes not. I don't accept that it's because there are many other Ryans at work, because it started happening years before.

My theory is it has to do with my last name starting with Ry. I wouldn't think that would be enough, though, but what the hell do I know. Today it happened in an email after that person typed my correct name into the email address after correctly reading it in a previous email from someone else. They then said: "Hey Ryan..."

This is one of those things where, for years I say it's OK and I'm used to it (which I genuinely do), then one day, my eye starts twitching and I wet my pants and I take a bat to that humidifier in my cube. Eventually there is going to be one person who consistently just gets it wrong all the time (I've already had one of those) and I'm just going to snap.

That's going to be an entertaining day.

Oh, and by the way:

Gorilla Has A Blast - Watch more free videos

No comments: