Friday, September 21, 2007

Taking the heat off Spurs

...for a while anyway.

From ESPN Soccernet...

The England striker missed two spot-kicks - one twice-taken - as the Toffees were held to a 1-1 UEFA Cup draw on Thursday by nine-man Metalist Kharkiv at Goodison Park.
I'm no expert on ... anything, but I do know that Andrew Johnson should probably be put into a potato sack (and he would fit, too) and rolled down the longest stairway on the planet. That might not be fair to single him out, but his miss resulted in the whole team and their fanbase looking like idiots to even have drawn in their dominant position. I'm pretty sure Rooney's uncle could have beat 9 men Meatalist Kharkiv. Where the hell were they even from? Do they get paid in goats milk?

This is just another example of Everton flaming out of Europe. It's like the red team in town got all the continental talent and none was left for the Tossers, I mean Toffees. They flamed out of the Champions League when they somehow qualified a few years ago and then subsequently flamed out of the UEFA Cup shortly after that. Good Riddance.

(PS, Spurs had the biggest offensive outburst yesterday in their crushing 6-1 victory, where are the videos on youtube?! Are EPL teams highlights getting yanked?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe. Yeah. Everton blows. If anything can make me feel a tiny bit bette after a goddamned motherfucking nil-all draw at home to bloody Birmingham, it's the Andy Johnson gong-show on thursday. I didn't even have to say anything the Rob (Rooney's uncle). He was basically swearing and muttering to himself all day.

Also, I hate arsenal, but I love it when I pick Adebayor on a whim and he bags a hat-trick.