Monday, December 10, 2007

Homo Depot

In my continued series at lambasting the man (yes, I said lambasting), today I focus on Home Depot's punishment of their customers by making be cashier/checkout attendants.

In what can be considered partly the best and worst shopping experiences of my life, Heather and I decided to visit the new Home Depot at Stone Bridge. It was deader than hell. We made return purchases instantly with no lineup and comfortably browsed the store, which I should add was completely stocked and amazingly clean and tidy. However, it was when it came to actually making our purchases when I wanted to vomit black things.

You see, I've noticed HD's cheeky attempts to get me to do their work for them at the Circle Drive store with their "Self Checkouts" where you scan in your own items and swipe them, etc. However, I avoid them because not only do I not feel like scanning all my purchases and bagging them and paying for them manually, but I also don't want to have a computer bitch barking instructions at me, AND I certainly don't want the system to fuck up and make me call an attendant to help me. But at the new location tonight, there was NO OPTION! There was only these fuckyou checkouts open. So my fears came true, though Heather was responsible for swiping and bagging, which she annoyingly enjoyed.

You see my friends, it won't be this day where we were the only people in line and there was an actual employee sitting there to help us that will drive you half way to the half way house. It will be the day in the near future where the lineups at this store are miles deep (like they can be at Circle) and you are stuck behind morons in line, or worse, clueless seniors, waiting to be your own bag boy and there is no Home Depot employee in sight.

Way to go Home Depot, you have successfully made us all your bitches.

No comments: