Saturday, August 16, 2008

The 517

I decided to get up a little early this morning to watch some footy. First I was thinking of getting up at 8 for Spurs' game. Then, I figured if I'm getting up that early, since it's the first day of the season, might as well get up to watch the WBA-Gunners game at 6. Then I remembered there is Olympic soccer on at 4.

So here I am watching Brazil-Cameroon in the quarters and I have to say, this is the weirdest international game I have ever seen. There must be little to no Brazilians or Cameroonians there because it is dead quiet. You can hear the players and coaches on the field. Also strange is Brazil is playing very average against a 10 man Cameroon. Ronaldinho had done little other than make some bad passes. I don't think he's the player he once was. And for some reason, the back four is playing like Greece and knocking it around with little desire to go forward. Must be padding that possession stat. And the pitch looks aweful. The ball is bouncing around so much they are having trouble just dribbling.

I don't remember the last time I was up this early. Its not even light out at 5AM anymore. Aka, summer is dying. Poor summer.

No comments: