Monday, August 11, 2008

Prem Predictions


I have put a lot of thought into this, so much so that I don't remember if I have any children or not.

This is the word according to Alex...
























Pos2007-082008-09
1 Man Utd Chelsea
2 Chelsea Man Utd
3 Arsenal Liverpool
4 Liverpool Arsenal
5 Everton Tottenham
6 Aston Villa Portsmouth
7 Blackburn Man City
8 Portsmouth Everton
9 Man City Newcastle
10 West Ham Aston Villa
11 Tottenham Blackburn
12 Newcastle Fulham
13 Middlesbrough Sunderland
14 Wigan West Ham
15 Sunderland Middlesbrough
16 Bolton Wigan
17 Fulham Hull
18 Reading West Brom
19 Birmingham Stoke
20 Derby Bolton



Where I think it will be tight is the battle for 2nd b/w Man U and Liverpool. I think Man U is going to drop points at the start of the year that will hurt them, due to the absence of Ronaldo's offense, the fragility of Rooney, and the lack of striking depth (at the moment). Meanwhile, Chelsea is going to take the title thanks to Fat Phil, similar to how Mourinho came in to do the job. Tottenham and Arsenal will battle for the last Champs League spot, maybe until the last day like in 2005-06. Positions 6-11 should be a good battle and could be a mix up of my predictions, but I like Portsmouth this year. Newcastle should show that they have been underperforming in recent years and climb the table. I think Fulham and Sunderland are the most improved teams and they will finish far above the bottom seven. Bolton is heading for the drop big time with Hull eking it out.

No comments: