Monday, August 11, 2008

Galaxy Sinemas


The Galaxy Cinemas in downtown Saskatoon is a scourge on our city. It is a giant green STD on the clitoris of our downtown. It an insanity inducing emporium of whatever the opposite of delight is. It is a candy factory with raw sewage inputs. It is a idling vehicle in the garage of splendor. It is a sea of 6-pack plastic holders. It is a mountain of garbage.

Why the hell are we all brainwashed to go to that place? Because it is new? Because they have nice seats? I can counter anything good that is said about that theater with 8 things that make me want to tear my thumb off.

I have a bad experience nearly every time I go to that place. The latest thing to set me off was this weekend when we tried to go to Pineapple Express, which I really wanted to see. I accept that is was busy and sold out and Step Brothers was awesome anyway. However, 3 of the automated machines were busted. Which means everyone is lined up out the doors of the place. So I'm in line to talk to real live human beings (though I wouldn't be surprised if they were robots). There are only 2 tills open and a third is being occupied by a 16 year old girl who is chatting with her boyfriend. And the best part? She is in training! That's right, with two regular employees next to her, she was goofing off while I waited in line hoping for someone to walk over and slap her. And of course right when I get up to one of the tills, she opens hers back up to speed people through. Expletive!

And I don't know how they do it, but at all times, and I mean ALL TIMES, there is 16 person deep lineup for the concession. We went on a Sunday night one time to see Pirates 3 (the Caribbean one), and they had only one till open with, you guessed it, 16 people lined up. That delay resulted in us getting a seat in the front two rows. This Saturday was no exception. And thank God Heather was the one in line because I would have snapped when the till broke down and they spent 10 minutes trying to get the register open. And when we went to see Dark Knight, Brad spent probably 20 minutes in the frozen yogurt line. Expletive!

The staff there is useless and clueless. Maybe it is because of the labour shortage and all they can find in 16 year old dimwits. I don't know how it can take so long to get a popcorn when you have two people manning a till. This is not rocket science. They should be able to fire people through the lineups in short order. But can they? No. Expletive!

And how about parking. I can't believe people are actually desperate enough to pay to go see movies there. Especially when you get a pay parking lot with craters comparable to ones on the East side of the moon. And if you fuck it up with paying. You are going to get a ticket costing you one of your livers. Thankfully Saskatoon hasn't figured out that a block away parking is free and available. Expletive!

Oh, and I forgot about this piece de resistance. They have another automated ticket dispensing terminal. Where did they put it you ask? In the freaking entrance. So they have 3 that are busted inside and a working one in the entrance you can use when its minus forty this winter with cigarette smoke drifting in. Expletive!

And all this pain and punishment while there is another perfectly good theater that would appreciate our business in Circle mall. Sure the seats might not be as good, but parking is plenty and it is not a zoo. And it's cheaper.

I am calling for a COMPLETE BAN on Galaxy cinemas. Their incompetent business practices have driven me out. I WILL NOT ATTEND THIS THEATER AGAIN. EVER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed 100%.

Tonight me and Cassie went to try and see Step Brothers for a 2nd time. Unfortunately for a 2nd time in a row we pulled up to see the damn theater lined up outside the doors with no parking to be found any where within 16 city blocks and damned if I'm going to pay an extra $4.00 to park in that damn lot.

Good thing we shut down 2 other perfectly good movie theaters so that this damn thing could exist to ruin our movie lives.

Screw you Galaxy Theater.

--NATO

Anonymous said...

I agree with the 16 year old comment. Super annoying. But you sounds like your pretty impatient. Things go wrong. Shit happens. Wait the extra 10 min and move on. If you dont want to sit in the back row then go a few minutes earlier. If your so dissapointed in the service then get a job there and do it yourself!

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link