Saturday, August 22, 2009

Can Lucas really step up and fill the Alonso void?

(For brevity's sake it shall now be referred to simply as the "A-gap")

Lucas, oddly, seems to be actually delivering while under pressure. In the lead up to the Premier League season, Benitez singled Lucas out as the outstanding performer in Liverpool's (rather non-outstanding) preseason. Again, after Liverpool's abysmal display at White Heart Lane against the ... hehehehe...Lillywhites (that's an actual nickname for Spurs, Alex, Google that shit), Benitez picked out Lucas, along with Glen Johnson (who, to be honest, looks sharp as hell) and Reina (ditto), as the only players to play up to the required standard. He was then, by all accounts, extremely useful again in Liverpool's dismantling of Stoke City. Turns out it's not just Liverpool fans that are paying close attention to his progress. See the following:





























Shit. Not bad to get a call up against Argentina. God I hope he can fill the A-gap. I'm still not really convinced. But I'm open to the possibility. Best case scenario, Lucas plays so well that he keeps Aquilani out, or at least makes Rafa the gaffa consider the idea. Go on son!

In an entirely unrelated, but equally awesome, matter, Nilmar has received another Brazil call up. Who is Nilmar, you ask? Let me tell you.

Let me tell you all about Nilmar.

Nilmar, by (around) the year 2011-12, will be the single greatest and most valuable football player in the entire world. According to Fifa07. Or maybe Fifa06. But, let me tell you...you buy that guy and you just tuck him away somewhere. Stick that little fella safely up on the shelf and you wait. He's like those little dehydrated dinosaurs that you leave in a cup of water overnight. Get up the next morning and Nilmar is a giant dinosaur...in terms of...goal scoring...proportions. Sorry, that metaphor was hard to keep in line. But honestly, I've won many a Premier League title (not to mention FA Cups and Champions Leagues) for Liverpool with trusty old Nilmar. He comes good about 5 seasons in. It brings a smile to my face to see random video game bullshit take place in real life. Where the hell do the EA Sports people get their player info? Honestly, have you ever heard of Nilmar (except what I've told you right now)? They should be scouting for some European giant. At least, that is, if Nilmar actually becomes the worlds greatest and most valuable player. Should be an interesting game against Argentina.

...I think it's on Setanta...

Oh. Before I go. Just wanna give a couple of Fantasy Premier League shout outs:

First up, a hearty Fuck Yeah! to my boys from Stoke-upon-Trent. Go the Potters! A clean sheet for Faye and Sorensen. Nice work boys!

Secondly:

Yo! Cesc! My Gameweek Captain. Hey, I know it's just for the gameweek. Don't worry big guy, its still a big deal. You know only the cream of the crop (or Lampard) get to captain Red Star Coburg- it's a big deal even if for just one little week. Which is a good thing for you. Because rest assured that is all it will be, my friend. You're ass is dumped for Gerrard next week. Suck my nuts. Beat pompey 4-1? You don't score? And, you go off after 45 minutes? I beseech you, kind sir, to suck my nuts.



Good day.

1 comment:

alex_ygd said...

Love the Cesc rant. That applies to Arshavin as well.