Monday, October 16, 2006

So I Get A Call Last Week...

It's KD-asauras, "Alex, we are all so stupid!"

"What are you talking about" I reply.

"Who is the one player that we all forgot to pick?" he poses.

"Nieuwendyk? Brad picked him in like the third round, don't worry," I assure him.

"No, Evegni Malkin" he says, his voice trembling at the thought of this superstar going undrafted, realizing that he was hurt to start the season which may have catalyzed his omission.

"I drafted him in the 19th round, you idiot" I remind him.

"Oh."

I guess being present at the draft, having a webpage with full draft and current season results (sans Shean Donovan), and having Jon email the draft results (plus Shean Donovan) wasn't enough information for Kevin to determine this on his own.

Well, the purpose of this email is to puff out my chest and strut to the beat of Staying Alive:

From TSN...

Penguins centre Evgeni Malkin, out since injuring a shoulder in his first pre-season game, will make his NHL debut Wednesday night against New Jersey.

No comments: