Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow Day

This is Saskatchewan, not B.C. So when work decided to send us home early today, that should say something about how bad the weather is. It took me over 3 hours to get home from work today and probably would have taken longer if not for some executive decisions by Adam and I, who carpooled. Props also go to the 3 chicks on the corner of 14th and Preston who were basically digging people out of the intersection constantly and helped us out.

When I got home, I was hoping the wind would have come in such a direction to blow the snow off the driveway instead of plugging it. Was that ever wishful thinking. There was 2-3 foot drifts all over it. So I just got the car going as fast as i could and plowed it up into the driveway. It's stuck nice and good now, ready for some shoveling in the -40 weather tomorrow morning.

What really makes my day is all the weird shit that happened. I guess someone reported that there was a pack of deer wandering around Sutherland this afternoon. Would I ever be pissed if that were the accident I got into. And at work, someones car started on fire. Why today of all days? And then the heart warming story. There is a basketball team from Australia coming into town (by train because they couldn't fly in) for BRIT. Welcome to Canada, hope you brought your swimming trunks!

On the plus side, the Oilers won.

Here is what I get to work with in the morning:

No comments: