Saturday, January 13, 2007

SCREEECH... BOOM!

Screech is actually an exaggeration, because that is not the sound sliding tires make on ice. It's more of a silent death.

Heather and I, while driving north on Wiggins yesterday, up a hill, narrowly avoided a screeeeech... boom. This chick started sliding down the hill going the opposite way as us. It was kind of funny, because I noticed she was sliding as we were coming up to here and I didn't really even worry about her sliding into me. Thankfully, she didn't, she slid right into a tree.

What happened after that was a little strange. She bounced right off the tree and continued sliding down the hill into oncoming lanes, where there was no cars. She then proceeded to drive away, like nothing happened. Now, the car she was driving wasn't a beater or anything, so that's not why she wasn't concerned. I guess there is really no reason to stop, you don't have to share insurance information with trees, I don't think. But then again, I've never been in an accident with a tree, unlike some people, hey KD?

Long story short, I would have stopped the car at least to inspect the damage done to the car, maybe got an eyewitness report from one of the many cars that saw this happen and slowed down for her, and for sure cursed at the top of my lungs before calling my wife and getting in shit.

This place is just to dangercold. I'm out of here. See you in Italy.

No comments: