Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bedtime Pastime

As some of you may know, one of my more enjoyable pastime's is to torment Heather while she sleeps. Well, the form that this most often takes is simple trying to talk to her when I come to bed and she is already sleeping. Like last night.

I stayed up late to watch FUBAR for the second time in less than a week and Heather was conveniently asleep when I arrived for bed. So what I'll do in times like these is ask her questions that don't make sense and wait for her crazy answers. Recently I've found is that if I pet her while I'm talking to her, I'm more likely to get a response. So I gently run my hands up her back and down her sides and do my work.

So last night, I first asked her "how good of a wife are you?". Her reply: "7". What? What the hell does that mean? I don't know. Presumably she was putting herself on a scale. What that scale was, I don't know. For her sake, I'll assume it was a scale of 1 to 8. So she's doing pretty good I guess.

Then, because she said she was really hot when I came to bed, I asked her "on a scale of a to z, how hot are you?" To which she replied: "p". This blew me away, p is only slightly more than average hot. So really, she wasn't that hot.

And so the adventure goes. The extra hard part is to avoid waking her afterwards while I'm laughing like an idiot. I'm hoping to turn this type of activity into a regular blog feature. And since Heather declines to acknowledge the blogging Alex, she will likely be unaware of our little fun with her.

Sweet dreams, Heather.

No comments: